Sunday, November 23, 2008

Shopping @ 2AM Relaxes Me...

It's midnight, I can't sleep...for some reason I have energy to burn! Do I want to spend it cleaning?? No. I should, but no. So what do I do, I got to Meijer. For those who haven't heard of Fred Meijer, it's sort of like a Super Target. They have everything! AND, they're open 24 hours!! Works for me, the insomniac!

Anyhow, there is something to be said about shopping midnight to 2am. The store is empty, the kids are home in bed, you can take your time and look at everything!
I literally just wander up and down the aisles, dreaming up stuff I think I need!

Checking out clearance items on the end of the aisles. Putting stuff in my cart, taking it out, putting it back in.... it's all very relaxing to me! I don't know why?! Maybe it's just being alone. With out anyone! No kids, no husband...no one but me and my own thoughts. Or maybe it's the shopping, which distracts me form my own thoughts that I like!? I don't know, but whatever it is... I like it!

Until 6am rolls around that is, and I'm tired from having shopped until Two! That sucks!

Today, while cleaning out my sons ears...my husband walked by and said, "what'cha got growing in there, potatoes?!" I could see his three year old wheels turning as he thought about this...he looked up at me, so concerned and said "Mom, I think maybe I have some carrotts in there!? OR, some Mushrooms!?!" I couldn't stop laughing! THIS, is why I love kids so much!! :)

1 comment:

-ana- said...

yes I agree...shopping by oneself (especially late at night when the stores are empty) is like therapy :)