Sunday, December 7, 2008

To Botox, or Not To Botox?

My oldest has already mastered the lovely game of "Copy Cat!"
You remember, the game...I'm going to repeat every single thing that comes out of your mouth, and possibly every move you make as well...until you go crazy!?

Anyhow, he's really good at it!
So good in fact, that he has made me aware of something I'm really NOT happy about!

I frown.

That's right, I'm a frown-er. Just like my mother!
I probably frown when I'm happy!?
I can remember, as a child...asking my mother why she was so mad at me...when she would reply that she wasn't mad, I would ask 'then why are you frowning?'

Besides the obvious wrinkles it causes, I'm more concerned with the fact that I'm sending out signals that I'm somehow mad or unhappy, which really isn't the case! (Well, maybe sometimes...but not with out justification!)
I mean really, I don't want my kids thinking I'm unhappy or mad all the time!
In particular, I don't want them to feel like I'm mad or unhappy with them!!!

SO, as much as I HATE needles, I'm seriously considering numbing those muscles!
Shoot'n up with some Botox! I'm a little freaked out about it...but I think if I only did between the eyes, I could still show emotion elsewhere on my face, right!?

I spent an hour in the wrinkle cream aisle last night!
Holy bajesus! You can spend a minimum of $20 up to $100 or more, for a 1-2 ounce jar of some sort of junk that may or may not help!? I have no idea!?

I left with nothing.
I figure I'll ask around...maybe read reviews before buying a bunch of crap I may or may not even use!?

SO, anyone have any good suggestions for wrinkles?!

I'm turning 30 next year, I guess it's time to start thinking about it!?
I feel like I'm 29 going on 50! Grey hairs, wrinkles, aches and pains!!
Good Grief!!

I'm not sure if it's having kids that has aged me to such extremes or just thinking I was physically invincible as a child?! Either way, I'm paying for it now!!

5 comments:

-ana- said...

I have a worry wrinkle between my brows too...funny because I'm not a worrier but I guess it's from frowning too. I've worked on it over the years because people always thought I was giving them a dirty look! Still have a ways to go though...don't have any recommendations on wrinkle creams I'm afraid. One thought on Botox though...I'm pretty sure you'll have to keep doing it because it DOES wear off. Plus, are you sure you like the idea of putting poison in your body? Botox is the pretty name for one of the most poisonous naturally occurring substances!!

-ana- said...

I forgot to add that I totally hear ya on feeling like you're getting older. I turn 30 next year too and all of the sudden lately I'm having all kinds of aches and pains!! Ack!

Dr. Rose Jeans said...

I'm an injector of botox and a user myself.

I personally think that if you are already getting frown lines at age 29, then botox is a good thing for you.

Stopping the lines now will make a big difference for you as get older. I did botox on my niece for her 30th birthday because she always looked anxious or upset.

If you don't want to use botox for whatever reason, there is a hexapeptide that causes muscle relaxation that works around the eyes.

It's about a third as effective as botox around the eyes. In the glabellar or frown area, it is probably less effective because the skin is thicker.

Products that contain this hexapeptide would be the eye firming creams in any medical grade skincare line.

Unlike botox, which lasts for around 3 mos at first and longer as you use it regularly, creams containing hexapeptide only last for about half a day so you have to keep reapplying them.

Good luck with the frown lines.

Dr. Rose

Mom-O-Random: Braindroppings, from the Messy Mommy Mind of Mel said...

Ana, I had no idea Botox is poison!? I guess I have a lot of research to do!!
Glad to hear I'm not the only one that feels the way I do at only 29!! :)

Dr. Rose, thank you for the comment!
My mom read it too, and also found it helpful. We are now both looking for a cream with hexapeptide in it! :)

高額アルバイト said...

もうすぐ年末、何かとお金が必要な時期に朗報!!楽して稼げる高額アルバイトを紹介します。家に居ながらにして驚きの高収入を得られます。年末年始をリッチに過ごしたい人必見!